Thursday 17 November 2011

Bus Tae Poitiers

Well an early start saw me walk down rue du Saint Clementin and wait at the bus stop next to the Laboratoire. Ma next door neighbour was waiting on the other side of the road for a bus going in the other direction. She was obviously trying to explain to me that I was at the wrong bus stop. I found it hard to convince her that I was going to Poitiers. She wasn't aware of a bus that went there.

I began to worry! Maybe she was right? I checked the timetable. No, it was there - 8.30 the bus to Poitiers. It was now 8.35!! Just at that it appeared round the corner. The ligne 106 to Poitiers! Gaun yersel!!!

Paying my 6€ for an aller simple I was soon on my way. A nice coach all to masel. It was a beautiful morning and the run afforded me the time to view the passing towns and villages on the way. It was only nearing Poitiers that I was joined by three other passengers and they were only going short distances. I got off at the Gare Routiere which is next to the Gare SNCF. I was familiar with Poitiers and made my way up to the plateau and the centre ville.



I had to post a birthday card for my god-daughter and found a post office where I bought a stamp and sent it off. A quick walk across to the Tourist Information Centre allowed me to access the internet on a free WiFi service and catch up on my e-mails. A handy toilet was also available and it being France the opportunity was not passed up.




I then spent an hour or so wandering about the shops and some interesting churches before going to the Bistrot du Bucher on rue Carnot. The maitre d' informed me that the table would be required by 1.15 (it was 12.30). I said that was OK and decided on the Menu Express at 11€. It was really good and I was able to relax when other tables became available and mine wouldn't be required



The afternoon was finished off with a couple of beers down by the Gare sitting in the sun. I was going to buy a Carte Avantage for cheap train tickets but the queues were so long ah couldn't be arsed. Besides the beer and sun were too tempting.

At four o'clock I walked across to the Gare Routiere for my bus back home. After a bit of a panic when I couldn't find my money, I was soon on my way. It was much busier on the way back and I dosed off in the heat of the evening sun.

Last stop and I was soon back in ma wee hoose havin a wee night cap after my exciting day oot!

No comments:

Post a Comment